Are you doing Veganuary? White Rabbit Skincare has you covered! Being a vegan beauty brand we are passionate about all things plant based and natural, so here are our top vegan recipes and alternatives to help you achieve Veganuary.
- Pulled Pork - Jackfruit
- Egg White - Aquafaba
- Milk - Almond, Soy, Hazelnut
- Cream - Coconut cream
- Mince - Icelands "no bull vegan mince"
- Meat - Tofu
Satay Sweet Potato Curry
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- thumb-sized piece ginger, grated
- 3 tbsp Thai red curry paste (check the label to make sure it’s vegetarian/ vegan)
- 1 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 500g sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 200g bag spinach
- 1 lime, juiced
- cooked rice, to serve (optional)
- dry roasted peanuts, to serve (optional)
- Melt 1 tbsp coconut oil in a saucepanover a medium heat and soften 1 chopped onion for 5 mins. Add 2 grated garlic cloves and a grated thumb-sized piece of ginger, and cook for 1 min until fragrant.
- Stir in 3 tbsp Thai red curry paste, 1 tbsp smooth peanut butter and 500g sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks, then add 400ml coconut milk and 200ml water.
- Bring to the boil, turn down the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 25-30 mins or until the sweet potato is soft.
- Stir through 200g spinach and the juice of 1 lime, and season well. Serve with cooked rice, and if you want some crunch, sprinkle over a few dry roasted peanuts.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into medium chunks
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1-2 tsp chilli powder (depending on how hot you like it)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 red pepper, cut into chunks
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 400g can black beans, drained
- 400g can kidney beans, drained
- lime wedges, guacamole, rice and coriander to serve
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Put the sweet potato in a roasting tin and drizzle over 1½ tbsp oil, 1 tsp smoked paprika and 1 tsp ground cumin. Give everything a good mix so that all the chunks are coated in spices, season with salt and pepper, then roast for 25 mins until cooked.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion, carrot and celery. Cook for 8-10 mins, stirring occasionally until soft, then crush in the garlic and cook for 1 min more. Add the remaining dried spices and tomato purée. Give everything a good mix and cook for 1 min more.
- Add the red pepper, chopped tomatoes and 200ml water. Bring the chilli to a boil, then simmer for 20 mins. Tip in the beans and cook for another 10 mins before adding the sweet potato. Season to taste then serve with lime wedges, guacamole, rice and coriander. Will keep, in an airtight container in the freezer, for up to three months.
Linguine with Avocado, Tomato & Lime
- 115g wholemeal linguine
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 avocado, stoned, peeled, and chopped
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, chopped
- ½ pack fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped (optional)
- Cook the pasta according to pack instructions – about 10 mins. Meanwhile, put the lime juice and zest in a medium bowl with the avocado, tomatoes, coriander, onion and chilli, if using, and mix well.
- Drain the pasta, toss into the bowl and mix well. Serve straight away while still warm, or cold.
Vegan Banana Bread
- 3 large black bananas
- 75ml vegetable oil or sunflower oil, plus extra for the tin
- 100g brown sugar
- 225g plain flour (or use self-raising flour and reduce the baking powder to 2 heaped tsp)
- 3 heaped tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp cinnamon or mixed spice
- 50g dried fruit or nuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Mash 3 large black peeled bananas with a fork, then mix well with 75g vegetable or sunflower oil and 100g brown sugar.
- Add 225g plain flour, 3 heaped tsp baking powder and 3 tsp cinnamon or mixed spice, and combine well. Add 50g dried fruit or nuts, if using.
- Bake in an oiled, lined 2lb loaf tin for 20 minutes. Check and cover with foil if the cake is browning.
- Bake for another 20 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool a little before slicing. It's delicious freshly baked, but develops a lovely gooey quality the day after.
All of the above recipes can be found on BBCGoodFood.com
We hope this helps you with Veganuary! We love all of these recipes so we are sure you will too! Vegan beauty to match a vegan lifestyle is a must which is why all of White Rabbit Skincare's premium skincare products are all vegan friendly!