We were tempted to simply write 'Chocolate Orange Lipbalm - need we say more?' but that wouldn't make for a very lively blogpost now would it?
Don't be fooled though, our lip balm is so much more than those quirky flavoured (Coca Cola, anyone?) lip balms currently available, which might smell/taste nice, but make your lips dryer than the Sahara after using them (so that you then apply more, and so on...it's a long established product ploy!).
With 100% natural, vegan (plant-derived ingredients), our Lipbalm does actually taste AND smell nice (although we try our best to discourage our customers from licking it off their lips, as doing this drys them out - easier said than done when it tastes so good however!), and really is beneficial to the skin on your lips:
- Shea Butter - Contains nutrients which help heal skin, and although it is easily absorbed into the skin, it also helps create a moisture barrier.
- Cocoa Butter - High in antioxidants which help fight off free radicals, and in fatty acids which provide deep moisturisation. And it makes the balm smell like yummy chocolate goodness...
- Sweet Almond Oil - Owing to the generous amounts of monounsaturated fatty acids, vitamin E, potassium, proteins, zinc, and a number of other vitamins and minerals that the seed and the oil contain, almond oil works wonders for the skin.
- Castor Oil - Ricinoleic acid is the main constituent of castor oil and is known to prevent the growth of viruses, bacteria, yeasts and moulds (yikes!). It is incredibly soothing, and it's ability to alleviate swelling along with its antimicrobial and antifungal properties make it an ideal ingredient in lip balm.
- Olive Wax - the perfect vegan substitute for beeswax, olive wax has many amazing qualities in it's own right, including that as an excellent emollient (moisturiser).
- Sweet Orange Essential Oil - As well as adding the orange aspect to the chocolate orange name, Sweet Orange EO is - amongst other things - anti-inflammatory, anti-septic and helps promote the collagen production in skin. Plumped lips please!
Priced at £4.00 for a 15ml tub ( the average market size is a measly 8ml!), this little gem will last you ages, and not only can it be applied to lips, but many of our customers use it on their cuticles, elbows, chapped skin and so on.
You don't just need to take our word for it, our lovely customer Fiona wrote:
'I'm allergic to most lip balms but this one leaves my lips feeling soothed and it smells and tastes good enough to eat'