Latin Name: Oenothera biennis
Like a great many carrier oils, Evening Primrose oil is a very unassuming ingredient but is actually very powerful - in fact it has been hailed as the most sensational preventative discovery since Vitamin C!
The remarkable healing properties of Evening Primrose Oil are attributed to the high concentrations of the fatty acid Gamma Linoleic Acid (GLA) - only a few other plants contain a small amount of this.
Thanks to the high dosage of GLA it contains, Evening Primrose Oil, when taken either topically (to aid skin problems) or internally, can:
- Relieve discomfort associated with PMS, menopause, menstruation
- Ease swelling and joint pain from arthritis. It can also minimise inflammation from multiple sclerosis.
- Prevent or even start to reverse diabetes related nerve damage
- Reduce eczema symptoms
- Help treat acne and rosacea
- Treat memory deficiencies
- Counter impotence and female infertility
- Nourish skin, hair and scalp.
Who is it suitable for?
Like most oils, almost everyone! But in skincare, the anti-inflammatory and healing properties of Evening Primrose Oil make it ideally suited to those with problem skin (acne, eczema, rosacia etc) or those who are looking for an anti-aging aid, as it increases moisture, firmness and elasticity.
You can find it in:
- Rose & Frankincense Day Cream, £17.50/100ml