As it's Pancake Tuesday tomorrow, we thought we'd pop up this easy peasy vegan recipe for you - any excuse to make/eat pancakes...
Prep time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 10 minutes | Ready in: 15 minutes
What you'll need:
- 1 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups of water (or you could use a plant milk of your choice)
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon oil of choice (we just used olive oil)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Sift the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt into a large bowl.
- Separately, whisk the oil and water (or milk) together in a smaller bowl.
- Make a 'well' in the centre of the dry ingredients, and pour in the oil/water mixture. Stir together until blended - don't worry if it's lumpy!
- Heat a lightly oiled pan over medium-high heat.
- Drop batter by large spoonfuls onto the pan, and cook until bubbles form and the edges are firm.
- Flip, and cook until browned on the other side.
- Repeat with remaining batter until you have a stack of fabulous pancakes!
Optional (yummy) extras/toppings:
- Chocolate chips/cocoa nibs (these can be added into the dry/wet mixture at the beginning)
- Blueberries (also ideal for mixing in with the batter)
- Squeezed lemon
- Peanut butter
- Chocolate spread or chocolate sauce
- Yoghurt - such as coconut yoghurt from Alpro
- Maple Syrup
The possibilities are endless!
If you try this recipe this pancake day (or any day really), we'd love to see your creations! Tag us on Instagram: whiterabbitskincare or send us a tweet to @whiterabbitsc