We are all guilty of being lazy when it comes to cleaning our makeup brushes, and most of us probably don't see it as essential. Believe it or not, your makeup brushes are dirty! Cleaning them regularly is so important for your skin so White Rabbit have explained why you need to wash them and how to.
Your makeup brushes come into contact with so many different surfaces, your makeup bag, your vanity table, your face or anywhere else you might keep them. Meaning that bacteria and dirt can build up on them. Not only that, but using your makeup brushes daily means that old makeup is bound to build up on the brush. Using this on your skin can then cause breakouts, acne and irritated skin.
So cleaning your skin has many benefits including reducing acne, maintain the softness of your brushes and make them last longer, avoids germs and clean brushes apply makeup better!
How to clean your brush
All you need is some baby shampoo and a bowl of lukewarm water.
1. Soak your brush in some lukewarm water.
2. Put a dot of baby shampoo onto the brush and rub it in getting in between the bristles.
3. Swirl the brush in a bowl of lukewarm water until the shampoo is completely off.
4. Squeeze the excess water from the brush and fix the shape of the brush back into place.
5. Leave the brush on a clean towel or cloth to fully dry.
See its simple and easy! Don't neglect your brushes always remember to clean them regularly and save your skin!! You won't regret it.